Department: School of Electronics and Information Engineering
Education Background and Work Experience
B.S., Applied Physics, Hebei University, 1994
M.S. Radio Physics, Sichuan University, 1997
Assistant Professor, Sichuan University, 1997
Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, Sichuan University, 2000
Jun. 2001 to Jun. 2002, Postdoctoral, Seoul National University, Korea
Professor, Sichuan University, 2004
Dec. 2006 to Dec. 2007, Visiting Scientist, Ulm University, Germany
Research and Teaching
Professor Changjun Liu focuses on microwave/radio frequency circuits. He studied microwave metamaterials and built high performance microwave components by composite right/left-handed transmission lines. He developed a method to enhance the microwave rectification efficiency and performed research on microwave rectennas. His research is funded by National Nature Science Foundation of China, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and Sichuan Province.
1. W. Huang, C. Liu, L. Yan, and K. Huang. A Miniaturized Dual-Band Power Divider with Harmonic Suppression for GSM Applications. Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, Jan. 2010, Vol. 24(1):81–91
2. Q. He and C. Liu. A Novel Low-Pass Filter with an Embedded Band-Stop Structure for Improved Stop-band Characteristics. IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters Volume 19, Issue 10, Page(s):629 – 631, Oct. 2009
3. Q. He, C. Liu, “An Enhanced Microwave Rectifying Circuit Using HSMS-282”, Microwave and Optical Technology Letters / Vol. 51, No. 4, April 2009
4. W. Wang, C. Liu, L. Yan, K. Huang. A Novel Power Divider based on Dual-Composite Right/Left Handed Transmission Line. Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications. Volume 23, issue. 8/9, page 1173-1180, 2009
5. T. Yang, C. Liu, L. Yan, K. Huang. A compact dual-band power divider using planar artificial transmission lines for GSM/DCS applications. Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, Vol. 10, 185-191, 2009
6. C. Liu and W. Menzel, On the Relation between Composite Right-/Left-Handed Transmission Lines and Chebyshev Filters, International Journal of Microwave Science and Technology, Volume 2009, Article ID 184895, 8 pages
7. C. Liu and W. Menzel, A microstrip diplexer from metamaterial transmission lines. Microwave Symposium Digest, 2009. MTT '09. IEEE MTT-S International. 7-12 June 2009, Page 65-68, Boston, MA, USA.
8. C. Liu and Y. Pu. A microstrip resonator with slotted ground plane for complex permittivity measurements of liquids. IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters. Volume 18，Issue 4，pp. 257-259，April 2008
9. C. Liu and W. Menzel. Broadband via-free microstrip balun using metamaterial transmission lines. IEEE Microwave & Wireless Components Letters. Volume. 18, issue 7, pp. 437-439, July 2008
10. G. Zhao and C. Liu. Miniaturized microstrip cross-coupled band-pass filter using stepped impedance resonators with desirable upper stop-bands. Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. Volume 50, issue 5, pp. 1270-1273, May 2008
11. C. Liu and D. Sheen. Analysis and control of the thermal runaway of ceramic slab under microwave heating. Science in China Series E, 2008, vol. 51, issue 12, pp. 2233-2241.
12. Changjun Liu, Kama Huang, and Liping Yan, Radio Frequency Communication Circuit Design, Science Press in China, Sept. 2005