The West China School of Pharmacy, formerly known as the Department of Pharmacy, the School of Science of West China Union University, was founded in 1932，as one of the earliest schools of Pharmacy for full-time undergraduate education in China. It was renamed the Department of Pharmacy of Sichuan Medical College in 1950, and two disciplines, Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Chemistry, were set up in the same year. Then it was renamed the Department of Pharmacy of West China University of Medical Sciences in 1985. On the basis of the original Department of Pharmacy and the Institute of Materia Medica, the School of Pharmacy of West China University of Medical Sciences was founded on March 1987. In 1989, the school initiated the first undergraduate program of Clinic Pharmacy in China. After the merger with Sichuan University in October 2000, it was renamed the West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University.