Professor Xue-hua Jiang
Present Title and Position: Professor and Director
Address: Department of Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacy Administration, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University.
Clinical Pharmacy, Biopharmaceutics, Pharmacokinetics
Clinical Pharmacokinetics and evaluation of bioavailability and bioequivalence study
Biopharmaceutics principles for design of drug formulation
Clinical Pharmacy education
Description of Research Background:
Prof. Jiang awarded several grants issued by National Natural Science Foundation of China (NNSFC), such as Role of P-gp in Absorption and Regulation of Oral Chinese Medicine Formulae, Study on the Method of Biopharmaceutical in Chinese Medicine Oral Delivery System, Study on screening method of cell model in material fundation of preparation of the Chinese medicine, Study on the mechanism of Salvia miltiorrhiza’s regulation of Nrf2/ARE signaling pathway through epigenetics and the reduction of nephrotoxicity by nucleotide analogues. In the studies, the Caco-2 monolayer model was for the first time utilized to screen the bio-active components of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Based on the bio active markers guided method using cell model, the Biopharmaceutics of Chinese Medicine was established and modernization of formulation of TCM was improved via regulating drug’s release and permeability through the cell membrane as well as the correlation of in vitro release and in vivo.
In addition to the research, Prof. Jiang also contributed a lot to the education of the clinical pharmaceutics and clinical pharmacy by participating in the establishment and practice of the undergraduate student education program. He was responsible as the principal for the education innovation projects sponsored by Ministry of Education and Sichuan province and other national continuous medical education projects. Prof Jiang made great contribution to the development of pharmaceutics and published more than 10 relevant articles. He is the well known as a clinical pharmaceutical educator and one of the founders of the subject of clinical pharmacy as well.
Prof Jiang set up a lot of programs for both undergraduate and postgraduate e.g. Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical pharmacokinetics, Advanced Methods of Pharmaceutical Evaluation, Advanced Pharmacokinetics, Study methods for Clinical Pharmacy and Study methods for pharmacy administration. He is the key member of subject of the discipline of pharmacy administration.
SCI papers published in the recent three years
1. Rational application of fructose-1,6-diphosphate: From the perspective of pharmacokinetics.[J]. Acta Pharmaceutica, 2015, 65(2):147;
2. Fluorofenidone-loaded PLGA microspheres for targeted treatment of paraquat-induced acute lung injury in rats[J]. Rsc Advances, 2015, 5(38):30153;
3. Pressure garment therapy for preventing hypertrophic and keloid scarring after a major burn injury[M]// The Cochrane Library. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, 2015.
4. Poly(ethylene glycol)-block-poly(ε-caprolactone)– and phospholipid-based stealth nanoparticles with enhanced therapeutic efficacy on murine breast cancer by improved intracellular drug delivery，International Journal of Nanomedicine，2015，10：1791;
5. Prevalence of Desloratadine Slow-metabolizer Phenotype and Food-dependent Pharmacokinetics of Desloratadine in Healthy Chinese Volunteers，Clinical Drug Investigation,2015，10：1791;
6. Reversal of multidrug resistance in cancer treatment by regulating multidrug resistance gene1: focus on nuclear receptors and epigenetics，Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutical Sciences，2015,24（5）：273;
7. Simultaneous determination of leucine, isoleucine and valine in Beagle dog plasma by HPLC–MS/MS and its application to a pharmacokinetic study, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2015，114：426;
8. Pharmacokinetic Properties of Allantoin and the Effect of Food in Chinese Volunteers, Latin American Journal of Pharmacy,2015, 34 (7): 1343;
9. Efficacy and Safety of Ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir with and without Ribavirin in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis C Virus Genotype 1 Infection: a meta-analysis[J]. International Journal of Infectious Diseases Ijid Official Publication of the International Society for Infectious Diseases, 2016, 55(C):56;
10. Efficacy and safety of vildagliptin combined with metformin in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus: a systematic review and meta-analysis. International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Medicine，2016;9(6):9495-9503.
11. Prognostic value of NRF2 in breast cancer patients and its role as a tumor suppressor by directly inhibiting HER2 expression ，Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2016;9(4):4292;
12. Synthesis and Evaluation of Two Novel Naphthol Derivativesas Novel Cholinesterase Inhibitors[J]. 结构化学, 2016, 35(3):371-374.
13. Simultaneous bioanalysis of rasagiline and its major metabolites in human plasma by LC–MS/MS: Application to a clinical pharmacokinetic study, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2016, 125:280；
14. Enhanced anticancer efficacy of paclitaxel through multistage tumor-targeting liposomes modified with RGD and KlA peptides，International Journal of Nanomedicine，2017:12 1517;
15. Chemopreventive effects of atractylenolide II on mammary tumorigenesis via activating Nrf2-ARE pathway，ONCOTARGET，2017，8（44）：77500;