Key Laboratory of Drug Targeting and Drug Delivery Systems, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University
Ad: No.17, Section 3, SouthernRenmin Rd, Chengdu 610041, China
Tel/Fax: +86-28-85501566; +86-28-85501615
1982, Sichuan Medical College, BS in Pharmacy
1982 – 1988,Research Assistantand Lecturer, Department ofInstrumental Analysis,School of Pharmacy, West China University of Medical Sciences.
1993, West China University of Medical Science,PhD in Pharmaceutical Science.
1993,Associated professor in Pharmaceutics, Vice Dean of School of Pharmacy, West China University of Medical Sciences.
1997,Full professor in Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy, West China University of Medical Sciences.
1998, doctoral supervisor.
1999 – 2017,Dean of the School, West China School of Pharmacy, Sichuan University (previously West China University of Medical Sciences).
1999, recipient of the National Distinguished Youth Scientific Fund.
2000, recipient of theHundreds and Thousands of Talents Project.
Member of Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council of China(2005-2015).
Member of Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission and Director of Pharmaceutical adjutants & Drug packaging materials of Chinese Pharmacopoeia Commission.
Member of Expert Consultation Group in the field of Health Sciences, National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program).
Member of Review Expertise Group of National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC).
Director of Editorial board of pharmaceutical textbooks for national advanced medical colleges, Science Publishing House.
Deputy Director of the Review Committee of pharmaceutical textbooks for national advanced colleges, People's Health Publishing House.
Vice Chairman of Pharmaceutical Education Research Association, China Higher Medical Education Association.
Editor-in-Chief of West China Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Journal of Chinese Pharmaceutics.
Deputy Editor-in-Chief of "Chinese Traditional and Herbal Drugs" and "Chinese Pharmaceutical Yearbook".
Member of editorial board for Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica, Chinese Pharmaceutical Journal, Chinese Journal of Pharmaceuticals and Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
Drug targeting and drug delivery systems.
Zhang group has done great workson the development of drug delivery systems, especially in targeted drug delivery,novel drug and formulation development. Over the past decade, Prof. Zhang has been in charge of overtwentyresearch projects, receiving financial supports fromthe National Distinguished Youth Scientific Fund, National Natural Science Foundation of China, National High-Tech Research and Development Project (863 Project), the National Eleventh Five-Year Plan High-Tech fundamental research on drug discovery, Ministry of Education, and Sichuan province.
Prof. Zhang supervised 18 postdoctoral fellows, over 60 PhD students and 76MS students.Prof. Zhang has contributed to 12 monographs and book chapters, published more than 300 research papers, with over 130 in SCI-indexed journals. He has contributed to the development of 10 new drugs. 17 Chinese patents have been applied, of which 15 were granted.
Prof. Zhang has been awarded the First-Prize of Sichuan Provincial Science and Technology Improvement (4 times), the Second-Prize (2 times) and the Third-Prize (3 times). He and his group were also awarded the Third-Prize of Science and Technology Improvement of Ministry of Education.
Current Research Projects
1.Highly-efficient biomacromolecular drug delivery system. The Key Project of National Natural Science Foundation of China (81690260), 2017.1～2021.12, 17,238,800 RMB.
2.Study of pancreas and lung double-organ targeted drug delivery system for acute pancreatitis.The National Natural Science Foundation of China (81473169), 2015.1～2018.12; 1,100,000 RMB.
3. Development of Novel Drug Formulations and Preparations, Chongqing YaoyouPharmaceutical Co Ltd, 2010.1～2019.12,10,000,000 RMB.
Selected Publications from 2015
1. L. Guo, S. Luo, ZW Du, ML Zhou, PW Li, Y. Fu, X. Sun, Y. Huang, ZR Zhang*. Targeted delivery of celastrol by albumin nanoparticles to mesangial cells against glomerulonephritis. Nature Communications. 2017, DOI : 10.1038/s41467-017-00834-8. IF=12.124.
2. XY Wang, BW Qi, HF Su, JB Li, X. Sun, Q. He，Y. Fu*, ZR Zhang*. Pyrilamine-sensitive proton-coupled organic cation (H+/OC) antiporter for brain-specific drug delivery. Journal of Controlled Release. 2017,254:34-43. IF=7.786.
3.S. Luo, PW Li, S. Li, ZW Du, X. Hu, Y. Fu*, ZR Zhang*. N, N-Dimethyl tertiary amino group mediated dual pancreas- and lung-targeting therapy against acute pancreatitis. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2017,14(5):1771- 1781. IF=4.440.
4. YC Zeng, S. LI, C. Liu, T. Gong, X. Sun, Y. FU*, ZR Zhang*. Soluplus® micelles for improving oral bioavailability ofscopoletin and their hypouricemic effect in vivo. Acta Pharmacol Sinca, 2017,38(3):424-433. IF=3.223.
5. ML Zhou, JB Li, CH Li, L.Guo, XY Wang, Q. He, Y. Fu*, ZR Zhang*. Tertiary amine mediated targeted therapy against metastatic lung cancer. Journal of Controlled Release, 2016;241:81-93. IF=7.705.
6. X. Song, ZY Wan, TJ Chen, Y. Fu, KJ Jiang, XL Yi, H. Ke, JX Dong, LQ Yang, L. Li, X. Sun, T. Gong*, ZR Zhang*. Development of a Multi-Target Peptide for Potentiating Chemotherapy by Modulating Tumor Microenvironment. Biomaterials, 2016.108:44-56. IF=8.557.
7. D. Zheng，X. Shuai，YP Li, P. Zhou, T. Gong, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*. Novel flurbiprofen derivatives with improved brain delivery: Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation. Drug Delivery，2016, 23(7):2183-2192, IF=6.402.
8. HF Su, Q. Lin, XY Wang, Y. Fu, T. Gong, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*. Absorptive interactions of concurrent oral administration of (+)-catechin and puerarin in rats and the underlying mechanisms. Acta Pharmacol Sinca, 2016;37:545-554. IF=3.223.
9. Y. Fu，Q. Lin , T. Gong, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*. Mechanistic Studies of a Renal Targeted Triptolide- Glucosamine Conjugate with Lower toxicity and Superior Attenuation of Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Rats. Acta Pharmacol Sinca, 2016;37:1467-1480. IF=3.223.
10.XW Wei*, S. Bin, ZY He, TH Ye, M. Luo, YX Sang, X. Liang, W. Wang, ST Luo, SY Yang, CY Gong, ML Gou, HX Deng, YL Zhao, HS Yang, CJ Zhao, L. Yang, ZY Qian, X. Sun, JH Han, CY Jiang, S. Zhang, M. Wu, ZR Zhang*. Cationic nanocarriers induce cell necrosis through impairment of Na+/K+-ATPase and cause subsequent inflammatory response. Cell Research. 2015, 25:1-17. IF=15.606.
11.JB Li, JJ Zhang, Y. Fu, X. Sun, T. Gong, ZR Zhang*. Dual-specific targeting therapy mediated by a phenolic propanediamine moiety for local and systemic complications of acute pancreatitis. Journal of Controlled Release.2015,212:19-29.IF=7.786.
12.T. Zhang, Q. Peng, FY San, MX Wang, WQ Wu, T. Gong*, ZR Zhang*. Sustained delivery of peptides and proteins by high content phospholipids-based phase separation gel. Biomaterials. 2015,45:1-9. IF=8.557.
13.Q. Wang, PF Liu, Y. Sun, T. Gong, MJ Zhu, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*, YR Duan*. Preparation and properties of biocompatible PS-PEG/calcium phosphate nanospheres. Nanotoxicology. 2015, 9:190. IF=6.428.
14.Y. Cheng, BY Zhu, Y. Deng, ZR Zhang *. In Vivo detection of cerebral amyloid fibrils with smart dcm-based fluorescence probe. Analytical Chemistry. 2015, 87:4781-4787. IF=6.32.
15.YP Li, YY Zhou, JY Jiang; XY Wang, Y. Fu, T. Gong, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*. Brain-targeting mechanism of dexibuprofen prodrugs modified with ethanolamine-related structures. Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. 2015, 35:1985-1994. IF=5.08.
16.JJ. Zhang, T. Gong*, ZR Zhang*. Mechanism of enhanced oral absorption of morin by phospholipid complex based self-nanoemulsifying drug delivery system. Molecular Pharmaceutics. 2015, 12:504-513. IF=4.440
17.Q. Lin, LQ Ling, L. Guo, JJ Zhang, T. Gong, X. Sun, ZR Zhang*. Molecular property and intestinal absorption characteristics of imperialinein vitro and in situ. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 2015,36:863-873. IF=3.223.
18.Q. Lin, Y. Fu, J. Li, MK Qu, L. Deng, T Gong*, ZR Zhang*. A (polyvinyl caprolactam- polyvinyl acetate-polyethylene glycol graft copolymer)-dispersed sustained-release tablet for imperialine to simultaneously prolong the drug release and improve the oral bioavailability. European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2015,79:44-52. IF=3.756.
19.X. Song, Q. Lin, L. Guo, Y. Fu, JF Han，H. Ke, X. Sun, T. Gong*, ZR Zhang*. Rifampicin loaded mannosylated cationic nanostructured lipid carriers for dual-targeting to alveolar macrophages. Pharmaceutical Resaerch. 2015,32(5):1741-51, IF=3.952.