Main Research Areas in the School
There are five research areas in the school, which related to mechanical engineering, measurement and instrumentation, materials science and engineering, biomedical engineering, vehicle and aerospace engineering. The main activities of our research are as follows:
Mechanical engineering is an important research area in the school, including: computer-aided design and manufacturing (CAD/CAM), precision processing and automated testing, computer numerical control technology and automation in industrial.
1. Computer-aided creative design: research on the rules targeted at the invention problem, stressing to resolve contradictions in the evolution of technology systems, with emphasis on problem solving inventions.
2. CIMS engineering systems: integrating information technology and advanced manufacturing technology to meet the requirements and developments of enterprises, developing professional software systems to adapt to the product characteristics, optimizing the resources and integration of information for the requirements of the enterprise corporating computer environment.
3. The on-line monitoring system with multi-objective optimization design: the manufacturing process for the on-line monitoring and testing of product quality; multi-objective optimization design based on a number of conflicting objectives for the final optimum solution.
4. CNC machining and cutting tools manufacturers: optimizing CNC machining process, design of efficient and high-precision process; manufacturing on super-hard tool, including technology of forming super-hard cutters and its coating.
5. Industrial design: mainly engaged in product design, product structure design, computer-aided industrial design, modern integrated manufacturing systems, CAD application development.
The research mainly engaged in the field of automotive safety and ergonomics as well as the dynamic detection technology and its applications, involving the key automotive engine components manufacturing and preparing. The represent achievement is the simulate human for vehicle collision and medical safety test in aerospace, automotive, and other application areas.
The research of mechanical design focuses at:
1. Intelligent CAD theory and methods: CAD expert system for designing mechanical products in the form of modular components; framework to describe design process and control structures; multi-expert system coordination and its implementation of strategies for solving methods; knowledge-based engineering of intelligent design.
2. Expert systems and knowledge discovery methods: CAD expert system architecture, engineering knowledge multi-level models, the framework of the concept of the design process and control structure; geometric models, the characteristics of the models, integrated models of knowledge, methods of knowledge discovery and data mining in the design.
3. The spatial mechanism kinematics, dynamics and its motion planning: Polycyclic features of the structure for parallel and variable geometry truss robots, a mechanical method of applied mathematics(Wu-method), the configuration method, multi-sensors method of nonlinear analysis of the location of the problem; Establish a parallel robot, variable geometry truss robot, multi-armed robot, the robot with movement in tree forms and dynamics in the form of reunification of the numeric - symbols model, with less on-line calculation for features such as real-time control and the use of nerve Network technology to carry out long-chain robot motion planning.
4. New types of mechanical transmissions: swing movable teeth drive in the form of the structure, establishment of a swinging movable teeth of the drive model and the theory and algorithms of the strength and stiffness analysis, new types of axial-wave harmonic drive reducer; finite element method and boundary element method for no-load and load under soft smooth round of the shell of stress distribution.
5. Mechanism design: expert system approach for concurrent design of the worm drive; analysis of the structure of the robot kinematics and dynamics modeling based on the rules and expert knowledge, finite element method for the structure of large platform for parallel robots.
Measurement and Instrumentation
This is one of the strong departments in the school. The main research directions are: precision measurement and auto-control; machine vision system, sensors and intelligent instruments. To meet the requirements of various engineering projects, the research of the department focuses on high precision and high reliability of measurement, auto-control systems and sensors. Of them, Laser Institute of Applied Technology mainly engaged in laser technology for precision test of large scale and photoelectric detection. The research group of machine vision system engaged in next generation of machine vision system with visual attention functions. The research projects "double-longitudinal mode laser frequency stabilization technology and interferometer," and "coaxial-type high-resolution laser profiler," won the State Invention Award. They are at a leading domestic level.
Forming of Engineering Materials
The research activities include: molding technology and materials technology, new materials and special alloys, die design and manufacturing research. In recent years, the department mainly engaged in special materials, synthetic materials, special processing for material forming and computer-added molding process. The department has been rewarded a number of provincial and ministerial level achievement award.
1. Advanced functional materials: mainly engaged in the research of memory alloy, stainless steel antibacterial materials, iron-based damping materials, as well as brazing materials, including material composition, structure and performance studies, preparation of materials and so on.
2. Materials forming process: Near the end-forming technology, special molding technology (including the powder metallurgy technology, etc.) as well as the principle of forming processes. The research includes development of key automotive engine parts and components manufactured by molding technology kits as well as the super-hard blade process technology.
3. Based on the electric field of synthetic materials burn and fast sintering, fundamental research on the electric field under the conditions of low-temperature combustion synthesis of materials and powder rapid sintering.